Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lincoln Memorial

One of the last things we wanted to do before we left DC, was to stop by the Lincoln Memorial.  Wait!  That's not the Lincoln Memorial!  You're right :)  That is a view of the Capital Building FROM the Lincoln Memorial.  (With my fabulous big/long lens)
See?  There it is peeking out behind the Washington Monument, which is still being fixed since the earthquake.
Whatsa matter Karley?  She wanted to try climbing it :)
Uncle Map was nice enough to take pictures of us at the top (see Lincoln photobombing in the background?).  Hubby and Kelsey were behind that other group of people.  We just couldn't get them out of the way so we could take a group photo :)
Hello Mr Lincoln!
Love Dylan's face.  I guess he wasn't that impressed :)
I don't know what it is about these pictures, but it is very "proof of life" to me.  Maybe more "proof of visit".
Cuz you don't smile in proof of life pictures :)
Nice view, eh?
I really love this picture.  The toddlers short little legs were a bit tired, so the daddies put them on their back.  Such a sweet memory :)
And this is the moment you have all been waiting for!  This is the reason I was suuuuuper excited to get my new camera before we left on the trip.  We were going to be in DC during the Annual Cherry Blossom Festival.  But guess what?!?!  It was too cold...  See those trees?  Not a single blossom on 'em :p
Another decent shot with some rowers in the background...
I guess it doesn't really matter that I didn't get a picture of the cherry blossoms.  After all, there will be plenty of other times for me to drive 14 hours in the middle of the school year to take pictures of pretty trees....

3 cool people read this:

Alyson said...

I'd like to go to DC during cherry blossom time. Not as much, mind you, as I'd like to return to Japan during cherry blossom time (which in Japanese is O-Hanami, or the viewing of the flowers) but I figure I have an actual chance with DC.

Becca said...

I'm loving these pictures! That first one of the capital is great! :) These pictures are making me so excited to be back in DC!!!!! :) eeee!!! I'm so giddy now! :)

Dan and Laura said...

Way cool pictures! Sad about there being no blossoms. Guess you'll have to try again sometime. :)