Monday morning, bright and early, we got up and drove to the metro station.
The kids were super excited to "ride a train", and we were pretty excited not to have to drive in downtown DC traffic or to have to find a parking place.
Having recently watched "Night at the Museum", we were pretty excited to take the kids to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. I remember going there on a field trip in 6th grade (I think) and thinking it was pretty cool. The first thing you see when you walk in is a life size elephant.
Then we headed off to the dinosaur wing. This particular day in DC, it was cold and rainy, so there were quite a few tourists inside.
Dylan called this the "Sharp teeth".
Kelsey did a really good job in the stroller, surrounded by all our junk.
This picture is for hubby. This is a prehistoric horse. :) I am not sure he would get very far on it though....
And some cool petrified trees.
And now back to pictures of the kids, not of "stuff". Dylan was totally amazed at... something. I can't remember :)
I think they were maybe watching a video on eels?
Doah! One more. A cool sea turtle.
Oh Hi Kelsey! Glad you are still happy :)
We spent 3 hours before lunch looking around. I forgot how many cool things there are to see in there. It was huge! Then, we waited in line for the downstairs cafe, to buy some $7 slices of pizza. Oh well. The museum was free...
3 cool people read this:
what the hay, you were in DC and didn't tell me?!
in the words of stephanie from full house, "how rude!" :)
seriously, though - if you do this again i don't know if we can still be friends.
The one time I went to the Smithsonian I spent almost my whole day in the Air & Space museum, I don't even know if I went intp Natural History. I guess that foreshadows my future in physics?
My first year at BYU in the dorms, Kim Smithson lived in the room next door. The granddaughter of The Smithson who endowed the museum. (Or great granddaughter? Can't remember.)
I'll need to remember this museum when we move back down there. Looks like the kids had fun!!! :)
Post a Comment