Thursday, May 23, 2013

Soccer

Last spring, we signed Kari up for softball.  This year, she decided to do soccer.  I tried to get Kaitlyn to sign up for it too, since she is a really good runner.  But, she didn't want to try it until she had seen it...  What can I say?  She is her mother's daughter.
Again, Kari went all at it, holding nothing back, and has had a really good time.
She started as defense, and has advanced to midfield and occasionally plays forward when our star forwards aren't there.
If you haven't watched soccer at this age, it is mostly about getting the kids to spread out and remember their position (and what it entails).
We had to work with her a little bit to be aggressive and actually go get the ball, instead of waiting for it to come to her.
But she really did pretty well, and had a lot of fun!
Their only defensive strategy: The wall.
Run Forrest!  Run!  Also, I love the big kid in the background sitting in the obviously too small stroller :)
The other kids have done a pretty good job as well.  During the games and practices, they use the soccer ball and practice themselves.
While Kelsey played with her "other" parents, her weekend/church parents, whose children have games on the same fields as Kari did.
See?  I told you she would have been really good at it!
Dylan got bored occasionally.
But he likes to yell, so he came around to the games once we started "coaching" (translation: yelling) from the sidelines.
The Broncos had a pretty good season!  They actually made it all the way to the championship, which I will detail later :)
Go Broncos!

2 cool people read this:

Dan and Laura said...

I especially love Kaitlyn's BOOTS! :) Kari does look like she's loving it!

Becca said...

Why does Kari look like she has grown up all of the sudden?!!? Awesome job Kari! Also, I think Kaitlyn is such a fashionista while playing soccer. ;) Think they will let her play with the boots?