Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Horseback Riding

We finally got on some horses on Wednesday afternoon.
You have to start properly though, by brushing the horse down.
Truthfully, I think hubby was in heaven.  He loves to be around horses!
It was a bit chilly, but mostly it was windy, so we rode inside.
Everyone had a turn while the rest waited quietly (well, sorta, not really, but we tried) for their turn.
I don't know why, but I love the big puffy coat :)
Daddy was a good helper.
Smiley boy, already had his turn.
I think Kaitlyn was probably the most timid, but she did get up there and did a great job.
Kelsey didn't ride, but she did pretty well waiting with the rest of the kids.
We eventually sent the youngers to the van with Aunt S...  They were a bit wiggly and making Cowboy nervous.
Kari even got a turn directing the horse by herself.
And yes, EVERYONE who wanted a turn got one.
I don't fight it, knowing how much hubby wants a horse.  I know it is coming one day.
So long as he knows I am NOT mucking out stalls, I guess we'll be fine.

3 cool people read this:

Dan and Laura said...

Everyone looks very comfortable. :) You can't get a horse till you move out west so we can ride it too!

Becca said...

You are become such a country woman!! :) love it! :) If you get a horse, I'm definitely coming back to see you.

Steph said...

i like the story of course, but your pics on this post are amazing! you are really making great progress with your new camera!! (: