After lunch, because we were right beside it, we stopped in the gift shop. The kids liked everything, wanted everything, and touched everything. But, they spent a good, long while looking at/playing with the stuffed animals.
Please Mom!!! Please?!?!
They have a section that is kind of devoted to traveling/mobile displays, and while we were there, they had a some beautiful orchids.
Look what my new camera can do :)
Then we went to the wing with all the animals that are still alive (as opposed to the dinosaurs and other extinct animals). I had no idea how big a walrus really is. And it appears that Karley is kissing the window. She really loved the walrus :)
There was also a section with some really cool rocks.
I know. Just what you wanted to see. Rocks.
Maybe you want to see that one though. This is the Hope Diamond. Very pretty!
The day was coming to a close. We had spent 7 hours inside the Natural History Museum, and still hadn't finished. It was, however, still time to go home. We stopped back through the extinct wing for a quick picture or two and went home.
(I love how Kari is the only one posing like we asked them to. Kaitlyn was D.O.N.E. done, and Karley and Dylan didn't really care anymore)
Mammoth skeleton
These pictures were Uncle Map's idea. He has a decent eye for well composed shots :)
I like this one even better!
However, it is slightly reminiscent of Jurassic Park. Should I be worried?
2 cool people read this:
VERY cool pictures here, I love the flower one, such detail! Also the last one with the kids I love too!! Way to have a good eye. :) I can't believe you spent SEVEN hours there?!?! How were your kids still happy at the end of that day? You are amazing!
That last shot is super cool!
Post a Comment