Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkins

We really got into the swing of things this year with the pumpkins. First, I bought little ones, and let the girls paint them. They are our centerpiece now.






Then, I had this little kit thingy I got after Halloween last year for, a buck I think. It reminds me quite a bit of a light brite. Kari thought this one was fabulous. Don't mind hubby's grimace. I am sure he enjoys being hit in the fingers with a hammer....


Kari favored the wooden mallet. It didn't have much head weight, so hubby
cheated a bit, and pushed them in when it was Kari's turn. *Please pay no attention to the fact Kari is wearing a Christmas shirt... There is no talking sense into the girl :) *
*Also, please pay no attention to the fact that Kaitlyn is wearing no pants. She refuses to wear them after she wakes up from her afternoon nap...*
And then, there's Dylan.

Just hanging out with a duck bill while the others carve away.
We sat him up so he could see what was going on.

My finished product.
It was called "Rhythm and Boos." Get it?
Kari's cat.
For some reason the light included in the kit was a strobe light. I honestly don't think it was supposed to be, but, I couldn't get it to stop blinking, so I took a short video as to what it looks like in the dark.
Kaitlyn's pumpkin. She didn't carve it, and it was mostly Kari's idea,
but Kaitlyn nodded her head when Kari said so, so it became hers :)

2 cool people read this:

James and Kista said...

love pumpkin carving time! so glad you guys had fun!

Mickellerox said...

Tell me you roasted the seeds and are sending them to me :)