I suppose it is a good thing... Let me explain. (I would take a picture, but hubby had to take the camera to work today.) Sometimes the girls get along very well together. Sometimes, they drive each other, and in turn me, nuts. Today seems to be the latter. They can't agree on a game, and every time one wants to do something alone, the other wants to too. I am starting to see the bright side of the day as lunch time, and, more importantly, nap time approaches. Dylan is playing here on the floor while the girls eat at their little table. However, Kaitlyn noticed that Dylan was playing with a toy she has kinda dubbed as hers (even though, technically, it is a baby toy I brought out of the closet for Dylan). She came to take it from her little brother and move it too far away to be in his current range of grasp. Well, she then took to teasing him, by putting it in his hand, and then taking it back out (whether he had grasped it or not). Well, we have the "third time's the charm" rule around here. I asked her politely 3 times to not tease Dylan and return to her chair to eat her lunch. On the third time, after still ignoring me, she got a "pop." By pop, I mean a flip from the index finger and thumb. She immediately burst into tears, and returned to her chair. Here's the cute part. Kari, sitting in her own chair beside Kaitlyn, took it upon herself to comfort her little sister. She held her hand as she explained "Kaitlyn, if you do what mommy asks, you don't get a pop. You gotta listen." At least I know she occasionally listens to me when I lecture her. Anyway, then she said, "You want me to hold your hand while you eat lunch?" Kaitlyn nodded her response, and there they were, banded together against evil, eating goldfish and PBJs...
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 cool people read this:
Banded against evil. Aw. So cute.
(But don't let anyone call you evil again! *wink*)
Ok. What a cute little story. It melts my heart a little bit. :) Kari is such a good big sister! I can just see Kaitlyn with a couple of great big tears getting ready to spill out of her eyes and her little bottom lip stuck out. It's a good thing Dylan isn't old enough to understand teasing ;)
That Kari is SO smart and sweet to take care of Kaitlyn! Great story!
Post a Comment