Kari is her grandmother's granddaughter. She loves to "make" things. Daily, she will ask me "Can I make something?" I, for one, am not so good at this. For many reasons. #1 being I am not creative enough to come up with things by myself. I can copy things reasonably well, just not come up with them. #2: once they are made, what do I do with them? They just sit around and clutter things. I am not good at clutter. I regularly go through my stuff and de-clutter. Probably at least once a month. I am not kidding. So, when we "make" things, they sit on her dresser for a few days until I can quietly sneak them off to the trash. Actually, I usually hide them for a day or two before I throw them away. Then I know I am safe. And then, I throw it away in the trash can in my bathroom where she can't find it, see it, and want to make it again... #3: Then, because I threw it away, I feel like I am wasting money... Dang if it isn't a vicious cycle. Anyway, she wanted to make this little crafty thing we did last year but I didn't have the right ingredients. She went right over to my grocery list, and wrote it on there, lest I forget. See if you can guess what it is.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 cool people read this:
i'm gonna go with pears.
That was my guess too Mary. Help us out Em. Maybe "parts"?
Hey! Hey! Hey! You can't blame all of her creativity on me! She's got two of the most talented parents I know. Who can build anything out of almost nothing? huh? Who can teach themself how to do anything they put their mind to? huh? And, have these projects turn out beautifully in the process? It's SuperDAD and WonderMOM. You're the ones she around full time and you're the example setters. I'm just a filler (But her greatgrandmother and great, greatgrandmother liked to craft stuff, too. Maybe it is a little genetic.);-)
Post a Comment