Friday, October 30, 2009

Making Book

I have mentioned before that Kari is of the creative persuasion. I would have run out of ideas a looooong time ago had it not been for this book. My mom gave it to me, and it has been a lifesaver. I believe (and I am sure she can correct me if I am wrong) that her and a group of friends used it for home school preschool when we were little. I have done a few "lessons" with Kari, that always result in some kind of activity. Therefore, she has dubbed this book "The Making Book." Not because she likes the lessons, but because she likes to have ideas to create. I know, I know it is a bit old. It was copyrighted in 1979, I think. And, if you look at the back cover, you can tell. Hubby says, by looking at the pictures, he can tell it was done by Mormons. I think he is full of it, but the fact that it probably was done by Mormons (women educated at BYU) doesn't help my case.

Check out those fabulous hair styles!

This was from the lesson on families. Each finger is stuffed with a cotton ball, and then Kari drew on faces, hair, clothes, etc. I think, from left to right, it is Dylan, Kari, Mommy, Daddy, and Kaitlyn.
This was from a lesson on shapes. Circles, triangles, rectangles, etc.
And this is a picture of the hat we got from the book. Talking about colors. This is her "Strawberry Hat." Good thing I have people to help me be creative where I am not....

3 cool people read this:

Laura said...

I think part of being creative is using your resources! Fun things! "Mormon" crafts rock! ;) I love the pumpkin carving too. Kaitlyn is getting some beautiful curls! (Even with no pants on)

James and Kista said...

The best part of "being Mormon" is the huge network we have with other creative Moms that can help us where we need it most ie: the creative arena... I'm right there with ya, Sista!

Mickellerox said...

Do you remember our black family glove like that? And when are you guys going to make peanut butter play-doh or oobleck? :)