The thing about Pa's is, well, his house isn't really made to hold 14 people, so in order to not go crazy you have to get out. The good thing about this is that Pa owns/controls somewhare (like my southern?) around 400+ acres, so "getting out" is relatively easy to do. Behind the house is where the gentlemen tend to congregate. We refer to this area as "the range". The menfolk take their guns out there and tell manly jokes and shoot fire and brimstone to make themselves feel good.
Standing in the exact position as for the picture above, I scan slightly left and get this view. You can see "the garden" right off to the left and hubby's "project" in the center. One day, he plans to restore "Old Blue" so he can teach the kids to drive in it, just like he learned to many moons ago. "Three on the tree" he says... Um, hubby... It's a car... some people just don't make no sense :) By the way, I also love this picture for other reasons. It belongs in a calendar somewhere entitled "Southern Living".
Because we start 'em young round there here parts, hubby let Dylan pull the trigger a few times on his .22.
Pop practiced a bit with cousin Ashley.
And Taylor, who is my oldest nephew, shot by himself. He is 13. Notice the boy band haircut, and shoes as big as boats? That boy is gonna be tall! He is already taller than I am. But in retrospect, that may not be that hard....
While the Dyl-Man did shoot off a few rounds, he mostly just watched. And stole his daddy's ear protection. Because he is a daddy, and he no longer needs that part of his body.
The womenfolk tend to gather in the front of the yard. That was where Kelsey and Nana were, until some earth shattering thing happened, and she had to come find her momma.
Earth shattering things happen at Pa's house too.
4 cool people read this:
Oh, silly Emily. My first car was "three on the tree." It simply means, three gears and the shifter lever (not automatic) is on the steering column. I'll bet Old Blue was one mean machine in his day!!! Get 'er Done Justin!!!
I'm glad your mom told us what "three on the tree" means...I had no idea. Also that truck would make some FABULOUS backgrounds for pictures of families. You should try that next time down there. :)
I agree with Becca's family picture comment. It would be a way cool background! And I didn't know what "three on the tree" meant either. And poor baby Kelsey. ;)
I agree with all of the above things. No idea what "3 on the tree" was, but I would have googled it if I didn't find the handy dandy explanation here. :) And some family pics in front of the truck would be cool! Dylan's cute as a button and I love Kelsey's pouty face :D
Post a Comment