Monday, January 20, 2014

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning the kids woke up and we made them all go potty and wait before we turned them loose.
Santa brought my children some foam swords.
And they were well received.
He brought all kinds of other things too.  I won't bore you with everything.
Just a few highlights.
Kelsey got some loud stuff of course...
But she seemed to like the swords too.
Kari got a marker maker.  She has only made a few colors thus far, but she seems to really like it.
And of course there was candy in the stockings...  Aunt S was nice enough to share with the rugrat.  The chocolate is around her mouth.  Unfortunately, what is around her nose is scrapes from where she bit it on a walk the previous day.
And then take some cute, chocolaty pictures.
Unfortunately, cousin Kelly was sick (what a way to start Christmas morning, right?  With the up-chucks!), so in an effort to keep Pa from getting sick, they headed out to our house.  We said we were willing to chance it (since she had no fever and we didn't know what it was) in exchange for a few more days to hang with cousins and friends.
It was kind of a weird virus, and unfortunately all the kids (except Kari miraculously) got it.  I washed sheets that week more often than I had the whole dang year.  However, we did have tons of fun, so it might have been worth it :)

I think that is the end of the official Christmas posts.  I hope your season was fabulous, whatever/however you celebrate!

4 cool people read this:

Alyson said...

Now I know where to send my kids when they're hurling. I not only would NEVER EVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS EVEN FOR MONEY invite someone with sick kids over, but also when my own kids are sick I'd rather they weren't here! That stuff spreads, and the laundry! (As you mentioned.)

Laura said...

I love all their Christmas jammies! So cute! Cousins are fun, but no when they're sick. You're too nice! :)

Becca said...

Looks like Christmas was FUN!!! and then it turned ugly. ;) Cute cute kids! Writing memo to self: get foam swords next year.

Mickellerox said...

I commented on here before but it looks like it didn't take. Alyson, sometimes sick kids are totally worth it, ESPECIALLY if they get snuggly. :) I second Laura, all their Christmas jammies are super cute, and looks like the swords were a big hit!