Monday, January 13, 2014

Pa's Christmas Tree

After Thanksgiving dinner, it was time to decorate the Christmas Tree.  Does she look excited?
Kari and Ashley made up a secret handshake while they were together.  It was probably 30 moves long, and required all kinds of hand gymnastics.  They loved it :)
Cousin Taylor was so helpful with the ornament hooks.  He assured me that is boy band haircut did not affect him in the slightest.
One ornament at a time, they slowly decorated the Christmas tree.
Kaitlyn had to color coordinate all the ornaments.  Which is interesting, because she can't coordinate her outfits....
Sometimes, counterbalancing was necessary.
His smile says to me "obligatory picture".
I love that they turn to each other for help so often!
He could totally be in a boy band!  His smile also says to me "obligatory picture" with a hint of amusement.
Being the tallest there, he had to help us shorties with the tallest parts of the tree.  Again, counter balance points were occasionally required.
It was a beautiful tree, and helped to direct Santa Claus right to our doorstep!

3 cool people read this:

Dan and Laura said...

So did Taylor *like* that you kept referring to him as a boy band member? The tree looks great!

Becca said...

Oooo, I like that Christmas tree, so pretty! I bet it smelled good too! :) This is such a great post with great pictures and writing. I LOVE IT! :)

Mickellerox said...

I too feel the need to color coordinate my ornaments. I place them on the tree according to color first, then if I have several that are the same shape but different colors I'll do matching shapes next. There's a method to our madness!