Thursday, January 23, 2014

Kari's Birthday

My New Years Eve Baby turned 9 this year.  We had everyone at the house a few days earlier, so we decided to do most of our celebrating then.  She wanted a chocolate cake with strawberry icing and some ice cream.  When I asked her what flavor she wanted, she said Neapolitan because then everyone else could still pick their own flavor.
I didn't ask her what her birthday wish was.  I wouldn't want to mess with any of that juju.
Happy Family grouping for a birthday girl!
On her actual birthday, she asked to go out to dinner as a family.  When we left, we offered her the opportunity to have the restaurant bring her a birthday treat and sing to her OR to take everyone to Krispy Kreme and let them pick out donuts.  She picked donuts...  Girl after my own heart :)
That night, we let the 3 older kids stay up to celebrate a Chilean New Years (they are 2 hours ahead) with Grandma and Grandpa.  Then we put them all to bed and hubby and I barely made it to our own new years where we drank our bubbly and then got to start a load of laundry because Dylan came down after throwing up in bed...  That's a story for later.

She got presents throughout those few days.  She opened S & M's while they were here.  Then she opened one or two from us on her birthday.  The next day she went and picked out her own beyblade set (from nana) and her own model (she picked a pirate ship) from us.  The last present was mommy's responsibility to put together while Kari and daddy went out to get her other presents.  I kinda love her face when she finally turned around :)
Thankfully daddy to finish putting it together...  Mommy was only able to do the parts for show, not function (its difficult to do that kinda thing with a grumpy, sicky toddler baby not letting go).  So, daddy stepped in to make sure she could, ya know, brake and stuff.
Which lead to a fun day outside....

4 cool people read this:

Becca said...

Be still my heart, she is so thoughtful with the ice cream!!! What a fantastic girl!!! :) That face IS priceless. AWESOME! :) I'd say that was a good birthday.

Mickellerox said...

Becca, I was going to say that too! She is so sweet to think of other people's ice cream needs on her own princess day. Her surprise face is priceless and the bike looks amazing! :)

K Thompson said...

I love Kelsey hugging her legs, too, in that shot... Perfect timing with picture, Em. Captured it, magically! And, getting donuts for everyone, instead of just ice cream for her? That's our Kari girl! Pretty Special!!!

Laura said...

For real- she's so sweet! Great job to you assembling most of the bike by yourself! I could not have done that.