Friday, July 2, 2010

Burfday

I figure I should put this up before it is time to put up someone elses. This year is the first year I turned 28. Yup. One year older, and maybe a teeny, tiny bit wiser. Hubby had to be out of town for the actual day (he had the opportunity to go on the company jet, with the company president, to a closing for a project in the double digit millions.... I thought it was a decent enough opportunity for him to go :). And, once again, I am on a diet (this being of my own choice, since I am doing P90X). However, Hubby was very sweet. When he got home (the next day) he came in with party hats, noise makers, and (albeit small) a chocolate cake. Hubby tells me diets are meant to be cheated on. In my current state, I believe him :)

Happy Birthday to me!!! :)
I know he's washed out, but again with the smile and the hat. I just can't resist sometimes.
Holding onto sister to aid his channel crossing :)
Happy Birthday Mom!!!
Wait a minute. It was my birthday. Why do I have so many pictures of a cute, chubby, smiling, hat wearing, 15 month boy? Oh. Guess I answered my own question.
Enjoying the chocolate cake. I would have posted the similar picture of myself, after devouring my first chocolate in almost a month, but, I have too much dignity for that.
I love that my children loved my cake, as much, if not more than I did :)

Yum. Frosting.
Cute story: Kari had been counting down for my birthday on her calendar for several days. The day before my birthday (and the night before hubby left) we told the girls hubby was going out of town. Kari said "What time are you leaving daddy?" We said "In the morning, like he normally goes to work." To which Kari replied "Oh no! Who is going to make your cake? You can't. Daddy can't. And Me and Kaitlyn (yes, I realize that isn't proper grammar, but I am quoting here, OK?!?) are too small!!!" She was seriously worried. Cute girl :)

3 cool people read this:

Alyson said...

Happy birthday, sweetie! Looks like your family knows how to spoil you. :)

Laura said...

Happy BD sis! Good job trying to behave with your diet! I'm pretty sure Dylan is your favorite child right now... :) He's totally worthy of that BTW.

Also, I'm going to call Kaitlyn for her BD too, I promise. Sorry I'm a slacker.

Mickellerox said...

Nothin' like a little "cake beard" to show how much you appreciate birthdays. I super love the story about Kari being concerned about your birthday cake and am a BIG fan of the Spongebob accoutrements.