Let's face it. In the world today, we are always trying to make ourselves look better than we do without doing the work involved. Am I right? Its all about quick fixes and 15 minute workouts. Only to find that, after its all said and done, and we are standing naked looking into the mirror, just cuz our special shirt looks good on, our body still looks the same. However, I am happy to announce that I am officially a member of that club. Sorta.
I did start exercising once I weaned Dylan. I am proud to report that I have been faithfully sticking to the P90X workout schedule. And, mostly faithful to the diet. I am also proud to report that my clothes fit better, I can get through the workouts without dying, and I have lost 5 lbs.
However, I joined the ranks of body shapers a while ago. Lemme explain: I firstly did it for my SIL's baby shower. I was 5 months postpartum at the time, and I wanted to impress her friends :) But, I noticed when I wore it, my back didn't hurt at the end of the day. I suppose it reminded me to support my midsection. And, of course, it held my gut in a bit, and made me look a bit better in my clothes, and feel slightly better about myself.
That being said, I wore it out after a year, and I went to investigate to see if there were other/better options. I didn't pick this one for many reasons. Firstly, I think it just looks dumb. Second, I'm not so bad now, but when I was nursing, I was drinking alot of water. And that translates to going to the bathroom pretty often. So, this just didn't appeal to me.

So I went back to my old stand by. The waist cincher. I got this one at Walmart, for, $12 I think. I'm not nursing anymore, so that isn't a big deal. And, I seem to have gotten my bladder under control, so that isn't a big deal either. But, I like that it helps control my muffin top, and holds my gut in and doesn't make my bosom uncomfortable, or anything. (Sorry I just said the word bosom, but it was an important deciding factor for me....)
Am I technically a fake? Well, yes.... technically. But, do I feel better about the way I look in my clothes. Absolutely! Does it help my back not to hurt? Sure does. I guess hubby will just have to deal with the reality.... :)
3 cool people read this:
Those are all very valid reasons! I'm sure I'll get one of those too someday- probably sooner than later (after pregnancy of course). Keep up the good work working out too! That makes you feel good also- right?
You know I posted about the same thing. I ended up with a Spanx shaper (got this one http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2990122&cp=2992553.3010022&parentPage=family ) and I have to say I love it. The squinky little straps that hold it to my bra were bogus from the get-go, so I stitched on some heavy-duty elastic straps.
But I can't wear it over the enhanced Marmun underwear, because I would literally have to strip of bra and all just to pee. It has to be the bottommost layer. :-/
hee hee! BOSOM. :) Thanks for the informative post!
Post a Comment