What does a 3 year old want for her birthday? Your guess is as good as mine... Every time I asked "Do you want..." she would just repeat it. Do you want a barbie? "I wanna Barbie." Do you want a coloring book? "I wanna color book." Do you want a swift kick in the pants? "I wanna kick." You get the idea. :) So, we were kinda on our own...
Present #1: A soccer ball. (Please be advised, "honest-ness" approaching) We knew that the girls (and I use that plural term liberally) wanted a ball to kick. With Kaitlyn's birthday coming up, we thought it would be a good way to give them one, without succumbing to the "ask for anything you want and you get it anytime you want" syndrome. In truth, Kari and Dylan play with it more than she does... Oh well.
*No, Pop does not have a super duper orange blanket on. That is present #2 (from Nana and Pop). A blow up swimming pool. We have yet to put it in the yard and fill it with water, but the girls have been practicing their cannonballs in their bedroom, ever since they blew it up yesterday. Complete with a few pool toys.

See. Told ya.

Present #3: Aristocats. They have already watched it 4 times. Ironically, I haven't seen it yet.

Present #4: Tinkerbell costume. This was Kari's present to Kaitlyn. She originally was going to get her a piggy bank, but they were all sold out. She found this instead. She is a bit disappointed because mommy was too cheap to by the shoes (with cute little turned up toes) as well. Kaitlyn has worn it twice. She says it itches :(

Present #5: Her very own Dora spoon and fork set. We have one here, at the house. I have no idea who it was originally given to. Now that I think about it, it could have been given to Kaitlyn also. But, now, both girls have their own set. No more fighting! Yay!!!

Present #6: As holds tradition in our family (at least, it seems to be a tradition now) when our children reach the ripe old age of 3, they ceremoniously throw the pacifier in the trash, and use them no more. Kari's transition went great, and Kaitlyn's has gone much better than I expected (being that I feared she was much more dependent upon it than Kari was). The first night, she was so over tired, she cried herself to sleep (the whole 20.7 seconds it took). She woke up in the middle of the night, and came in asking me to help her find her "nah-night" (<-- this stemming from Kari, who, when we gave her her pacifier,we said "night night"). I told her she was a big girl, and she didn't need it anymore, and away she went. She hasn't asked again, but, whenever anyone asks her how old she is, she holds up 3 fingers and says "I hada cake. An no more nah-nighths". (<-- cute little Kaitlyn lisp) Happy Birthday to me!!! :)
2 cool people read this:
What a clever tradition! It's fantastic to get 'em when they're old enough to understand, but their palate is still going to correct. Bravo!
Gotta love that lithp! Also gotta love that she didn't put her clothes back on after she tried on her adorable Tink costume :)
Post a Comment