Friday, July 16, 2010

There are worse things he could do

Grease comes to mind :)

We had to take a load of concrete to the dump this morning before hubby went to work. All the demo going on in the basement (I know I promised to tell you all about it. And I will.... maybe next time) and we needed a place to put it. Thankfully, a load of concrete debris at the local landfill is only $6. So, I was obliged to wake Dylan and take him with us. Like the wonderful boy he is, he sat quietly in the truck, holding his blanket and just waited for us to finish. But, that meant, instead of being able to do my workout while he was asleep (and usually while the girls watch their morning cartoons- but they aren't here....) I was compelled to do it while he was awake. For the first little bit, he sat quietly in his high chair eating his banana and toast (for whatever reason, he didn't touch the egg this morning....). But, for the second half, it soon became clear that sitting in the high chair and watching just wasn't gonna cut it. Most of the time, he walked around and played with my water bottle (which, thankfully, was closed). However, every time I got on the floor to do some sort of exercise, he would toddle over and cuddle. Now, never having had a cuddly baby before, this is far from something I will complain about. I also think it is funny, because he is a spooner. He gets to the floor, then rolls over, and puts his back against you. If it isn't the sweetest, cutest, cuddliest thing I ever saw, I might be upset that I wasn't able to do my work out properly. But, hey, I helped throw 2 cubic yards of concrete off the trailer this morning... I guess I can call it good :)

But mom... I wanna cuddle! (and no, that isn't his first prepubescent pimple. Poor kid gets eaten alive by the mosquitoes every time we go outside)

Ooo! Something shiny! The end.

3 cool people read this:

Laura said...

That's awesome he's a spooner. Yeah, just call your workout a good one anyway... :)

Alyson said...

Aw, the cuddlers-while-exercising! I had some of those too. Brings back good memories. :)

Mickellerox said...

I do the exact same thing when I see something shiny! I think you can actually count this as a better workout than most, you can call it a "feel the burn AND the spoon" workout :)