Some of you know that the only real problem I have with pregnancy is during the first trimester. I don't actually get sick, but I feel sick, and nothing, and I mean NOTHING sounds like it would taste good. Well, with the girls, it went away, and my appetite came back around the second trimester. Well, this time, I guess it is a bit slower. I am almost 20 weeks and still struggling to find something to eat. In fact, I lost 9 lbs during the first 12 weeks (even eating mostly fast food in a hotel) and have only managed to gain back only 1 lb. Thus bringing my total weight gain for this pregnancy to -8, or, technically 1 lb actually gained, depending on how you look at it. Any other time I would be thrilled... Anyway, that wasn't the point of this post. Recently I have been eating tunafish. Which, again, if you know me, is even more odd because I usually don't like tuna. Even when I am not pregnant. But today Kari wanted it, and being hungry, having no idea what to make, and not being able to come up with something that sounded like it would taste good, I took her suggestion. However, I thought I would try something. I love, or used to love, the chicken sandwich at Arby's because they put grapes and apples into it. Having both of these handy, I figured I would give it a try. Follows is the recipe that was delicious!!!
1 can chunk white tuna (it does taste different than the chunk light)
Apple (I have an apple slicer which automatically slices the apples into 8 peices for me. I only used 2 slices and ate the rest)
Grapes (again, a small handful, cut into 8ths)
Mayo (not miracle whip for me right now... too sweet)
1 boiled egg white (mashed into small pieces)
I put mine on a toasted bagel, and made little sandwiches for Kari with Ritz crackers. SO YUMMY!!!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Gourmet Tunafish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 cool people read this:
I am so glad you found something that worked for you! (Even if it makes non-pregnant me make a little face.) Because who cares what sounds good to me when you're the one cookin' the baby!
I CANNOT BELIEVE you are eating tuna fish AND liking it!!! Are there pigs flying around here?!?
Chicken Salad
Shredded boiled chicken
Mayo (Just enough to moisten it)
Mustard (A blob)
Celery Powder (I don't like the crunch but I like the taste)
Garlic Powder
Onion Salt
Red seedless grapes (in season so they're sweet not sour)
Pa's pickles
Matt hates pickles so I pour 2 tablespoons of pickle juice instead of the pickles themselves and he loves it and doesn't know it.
Post a Comment