Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Library and Voting

Yes, I voted today, no I will not tell you which party or any other particulars, so don't ask :) And, since we are in such a little po-dunk town in good ol' Alabamy, it only took long enough to walk in, get the ballot, fill it out, and give it back. No waiting, which is just as well with 2 kids in tow :)

We also went to the library today. And I think it is so cute. Custom is that Kari puts all the books into her back pack, which makes me sad because she looks like she is going to Kindergarton. They just grow up too fast {sniff}. Then, when we go into the library, where she gets to put them through the slot. Then, we go and pick new books. Here is where it gets even cuter. Kaitlyn must pick out her own book. I didn't think she would really be interested in them, and I wasn't really interested in giving them to her, since she just turns the pages and has a tendency to accidently tear them. But, she picks a book or two of her own (I helpfully "suggest" the board books) and holds onto them like grim death. She won't let anyone help, and she carries them by herself up to the desk. Kari hands her books over to be checked out, but Kaitlyn won't let go. The librarians are nice enough to tilt the books just enough so they can scan the sticker, but let her keep them. Then, Kari puts her books back into her back pack and Kaitlyn holds onto hers all the way to the car, which usually requires us to stop a few times while she readjusts her load. When we get home, Kari will go off and read hers, Kaitlyn will "read" hers, and we are all just hunky dory :)

In other news, my teeth are hurting again... Uggg!!!

1 cool people read this:

Mickellerox said...

Love it! Grim death huh? Pretty cute. You sure have raised some tenacious little girls!!!