Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Poor Kid

I went in to check on Kaitlyn before I went to bed last night (like always) and said "oh oh... Justin can you help me please." He said, "what is it?" (and because I hadn't gotten the light on yet) I said, "I don't know." It smelled kinda funny, and when I put my hand down to touch an ominous dark spot on the bed, it was wet. The poor girl had thrown up. If I needed further evidence that she doesn't chew anything, here it was. 5 hours after dinner, her spaghetti looked almost exactly the same as it did when I put it into her mouth... The funny part was, that I guess it wasn't too traumatic. She threw up, found her pacifier and went back to sleep. She was sound asleep when I found her. The other interesting thing was, that although she managed to get it on her blankets/sheets/bunny rabbit/etc, she only had a tiny little spot the wrist of her pjs... So, Justin came in and held her while I stripped the blankets/sheets and shouted them (spaghetti stains after all) and stuck them in the wash. She started to throw up again while he was holding her, so he rushed her to the bathroom... He said it was difficult for him (you know the smell and sympathetic reflexes etc). Meanwhile, I am in the kitchen, wiping off the majority of dinner, marvelling at the smell and thinking, moms must have a switch so their kids vomit just doesn't bug them... Magic :) We put her back to bed and this morning I found one solitary noodle in her bed... Not real sure where it came from, but apparently it didn't bother her too much.

3 cool people read this:

K Thompson said...

Oh! The Joys of Motherhood! You're certainly earning your stripes....

Alyson said...

In my experience, food that looks almost entirely undigested hours after consuming is a sure sign that it's a virus. Food that is digested when it's thrown up can often mean some other cause—strep or too much spinning or whatever else causes kids to throw up. But if it comes back up in a recognizable form, expect at least 12 hours of good times and perhaps spreading to others in the fam. *weeps for you*

Mickellerox said...

A solitary noodle...that'd be a SWEET name for a rock band!