Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ready for the Holidays

I do love this time of year. I love the cool air (so much so we leave our window open at night so we can cuddle under the blankets). I love the leaves changing (they are just starting to do that down here in good ol' Alabamy). I love the smells (Justin has spoiled me and given me a real Christmas tree for the last 2 years, and I love the way it smells). I love the music (I blast a Christmas CD and burn a candle when I put up the Christmas decorations the week after Christmas). Of course I love presents (both giving and receiving). But mostly, I think I love the sharing of family. I was getting Kaitlyn dressed today and thinking how cute she was. And maybe it is hormones. Maybe it is being in a new place and not having a ton of friends to hang out with yet. Maybe it is Justin going out of town for a few days and leaving me with just 2 children who are albeit beautiful, but not the most conversational. But I was wishing that I had someone else around to say, "Yep, that outfit is pretty cute on her." And I got to thinking about the holidays, and I think the part that I love most of all is constantly having someone around to share thoughts with. Even stupid little ones. But, someone is usually there to comment on something done or said, or comment on something I say back to me. So, I am ready to share my kids (who definitely will entertain). I am ready for company. I am ready for the smells, food, music, presents, cramped quarters, and everything that goes with it. I am ready to be shared :)

3 cool people read this:

Erin Noel said...

I love this time of year too!

Mickellerox said...

We wanr to be there to share and tell you how cute your kids are too! Or we wish that we had enough money to ship you guys out here! Sad day. I agree with Laura that we'll have to webcam it. At least most of us will get to see you in March. We just need you to move out here already!!!

Alyson said...

Aw, this post is too cute. Wish I could come there and share you. :)