Thursday, March 11, 2010

Things I think about...

The other night I dreamt I was on a boat. It was rocking back and forth and I was afraid I was going to fall off. And I knew when I did, it would be so far down I would just keep falling. Strangely, I woke up to find that I was on my side, on the far side of the bed, and I do mean the very far side of the bed, with an inch to my name. Hubby was on my other side. It seems, he wanted to cuddle, but I kept "running" away. And then, when he did get close, he tried to roll over, and push me out of the bed. How rude. Sometimes I wonder how things like that get worked into your dreams.

Also, the hubby lets the dog sleep in the bed. I allow this for a few reasons, #1 not being that I have no say so. (Think what you will, but, I do have some say so around here.) The Rules: 1- it is ok because she doesn't shed. If she did shed, it would be a whole different ball game. 2- she sleeps on hubby's side. 3- when she wiggles around too much, I kick her off. Sometimes, I mean that in every literal sense. What I wonder is how she knows when to come beg up. Most nights, when we get off the couch, she stays where she is for a minute, but by the time we are done brushing our teeth, she is sitting and patiently waiting by hubby's side of the bed. On nights when things get, shall we say, frisky, she doesn't show up to beg until everything is finished. Weird. I wonder if we "smell" different.

And lastly, I have often thought about where sayings come from. Things like, Bob's your Uncle, or Shoot, or, well I can't think of anymore at the moment, but you get the point. The other night at dinner, something upset Kari (again, can't remember) and she said "God Shoot." Well, we quickly tried to explain to her that God is an important person, and we don't use his name like that, but I wonder where she got it from....

That is all. I really don't think about many things. Having 3 children fries my brain. :)

3 cool people read this:

Wendy Loumeau said...

I have to say that this post made me laugh! Only you would include the words frisky and dog in the same sentence on a blog. I guess that's why I read your blog--I never know what's going to be in it!

Laura said...

Very interesting thoughts... Weird, but interesting. :) I still don't think we'll ever get a dog. Even with NO shedding, I just don't think their "clean" enough for my OCD-ness.

James and Kista said...

Thanks for indulging us by telling the boat dream ;)
We had a cat and during the "frisky" times, he just laid there and watched. Weird. We finally just got used to it...
Love all your posts because you are awesome and your "fried" brain has then most entertaining thoughts and stories to share!