Do you ever have one of those days when something totally random brings something else totally random to mind? No? Well, me neither. I mean, why would my husband brushing his teeth make me thing of a field trip I took in, I think, 4th grade... If you bear with me for a few minutes, I think I can explain.
Growing up, what can I say?... I was gifted.... And by gifted, I mean I was in the Quest program in my elementary school. The Quest program (for the life of me, I can't think of what it stood for or meant) was for those labeled "gifted" (whatever that means) that allowed us, once a week, to go spend some time with a teacher doing some pretty cool stuff. The teacher was Ms. Dawkins. And I will forever love her. Anyway, Quest got to go on a field trip. I think it was my first overnight field trip. It was a first for many things, actually, but we will cover that in a minute. We went to Earthshine. A quick search on the Internet proved that Earthshine is actually still up and running.
We got to do a lot of cool stuff there. There couldn't have been more than 20 of us, probably less than that. But I still have quite fond memories of the trip. We got to kinda go back in time and do things like the pioneers did them.

We got to go on some cool nature hike things.
And there was definitely some awkward 4th grade
team building/circle of trust thing going on.

It was very rustic. I remember being impressed, even as
an ignorant 4th grader, how quite and peaceful it was.

And beautiful.

5 cool people read this:
I'm totally with ya! Brush AFTER breakfast but before you leave for the day. A toothpastey breakfast is YUCKY! But that's probably because we were raised in the same house. I'm curious to see the results.
Btw, I've meet people who ONLY brush in the morning. Nothing at night. I think that's weird too.
You have such interesting musings my dear....
Horse penises are grody! I had a similar experience with a bull penis. It's haunting!
I brush after breakfast but before getting dressed. Or if I brush after I'm dressed I make myself a little paper towel bib, because if I don't I wind up getting toothpaste on my shelf and have that little white spot drawing attention to my rack the rest of the day :)
I brush first thing. Either put in contacts then brush, or brush then put in contacts (depending on how icky my mouth tastes).
I usually don't eat breakfast for a good 2-2.5 hours after I wake up, so the toothpaste taste has long dissipated. But it doesn't matter; I never drink OJ for breakfast anyway, so there's never any toothpaste clash.
Wow... I think you should have put the horse organs after you explained why your husband brushing his teeth remind you of the toothpast orange juice... For a second I thought were making a pg-13 comparison... ;0
Post a Comment