Remember how almost 7 years ago I painted our fridge? That bad boy lasted and lasted! Seriously, I cannot tell you how impressed I am with the paint. I was never brave enough to put magnets on it, and drag them all over the place on the front/doors. But, we did put a few magnets on the side (that you see below in the picture). You can see from the picture below, there is nary a scratch on it. Color me impressed.
See? The front looks great still!
Unfortunately, the fridge started "peeing". And by peeing, I mean leaking water inside the fridge. And no matter how many times I cleaned it up, and hoped it was a one time occurrence, it always came back. And, get this: There is NO water line to the fridge!!! That means it was condensing from the inside somehow. The fridge and freezer were still cold. But the amount of water that collected on everything was annoying at best, and started to ruin my produce when it had to sit in puddles of water. When I found out that a service call alone would be $150, we opted to buy a new one instead. The sticker inside the door showed the fridge was 30 years old so it was probably about time.
RIP. She had a good run.
So we purchased a replacement, basic, black model for <$500. And here she is. Looks completely different, no?
Well, actually no. But it'll do the job, without getting water over everything. And for only $15, they hauled away and disposed of the old one! Yay!



0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment