Friday, April 14, 2017

Happy Birthday Kelsey!

Since I did Dylan's birthday out of order, I should probably put Kelsey's in there too.  Since hers was BEFORE Dylan's and all :)

Kelsey was able to celebrate her birthday while we were on vacation in Florida.  She actually had her birthday IN Disneyworld.  I  mean, that could be the best place to celebrate your birthday in the entire world!!!  She wore a pin that said "It's my birthday" all day, so she got everyone wishing her a happy birthday.  And we celebrated the day after when we finally had some time off.

I didn't make a cake this year.  I wasn't about to try to do all that or pack all that.  But when I saw this cake with purple flowers on it, I knew it was hers.  The Paw Patrol characters were one of her presents from us.  We just had to rinse them off once we were done.
And because we were in FL, Grandma and Grandpa drove an hour or two to come over and visit!  They ate dinner with us, and opened presents.  Grandpa also used his iPad so Kelsey could skype with her aunts and uncles so they could sing to her.  And, because I am a space cadet, I didn't get any better pictures than this...  Boo.
She was a birthday princess all day!  Any time we had to make a decision, like what to ride next, or where to eat, she would pick and then declare that we had to do it because it was HER birthday.
I mean, could she be any happier to be eating her birthday cake?
Other than the Paw Patrol characters on the cake, we also got her a ukulele.  She was so excited to have a "tar" just her size.
Her brother was also incredibly generous when he gave her 2 of his very own Pokemon cards.
Again, we were in the park for her actual birthday the day before, and we allowed her to pick one thing we would buy for her as a present.  She picked this Cinderella music box.
She loved it so much, it was hard to get her to sit still to take a picture.  And don't ask why she had to dance with her eyes open.  I am not quite sure.

S&M were super nice and bought her a present in Disneyworld too.  A new shirt.  In her favorite color!

Her last present was her "grown up" car seat.  Again, I didn't want to pack 2 car seats in the car, so this one was delivered once we got home.  First thing she had to do was try it out.
And then we had to install it and her in the car to show Daddy how much she liked it.
At her well check up (a few days later, thankfully)
She weighed in at 41 lb 12.8 oz (thats about a 6 lb increase from last year) 65%
And was 44 in tall (that is 3 in increase from last year).  She is also pretty tall in the 80%

We love our "baby"!  She is so ready to go to school next year!

1 cool people read this:

Laura said...

What a big girl! Love her!