Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Aunt Pickle Saves the Day!!!

Aunt Pickle is our favorite fruit/veggie Aunt!  She has been amazing and come out to each of my children's 8th birthdays to make sure she came for their baptisms.  This time was no different.  Kelsey and I picked her up at the shuttle parking lot and brought her home.
There she spent the rest of the week hanging out with us.  I'm not gonna lie.  She was a huge life saver.  We did a few fun things like going out for Monte Christos with my "crew".  And shopping at the craft store (me for pinewood derby supplies, her for earrings).  But that week happened to be quite busy for hubby and I. I had meetings, hubby had meetings, we had meetings together.

She stayed with Kelsey all day while I spent the day with some friends at the temple.

She also made dinner, ran my children to various after school activities, and was just my general savior.  I cannot express how much she helped, and how much I love her for it!
This was one of the days I had a meeting, and left Kelsey in her care.  While Pickle was in the shower, she handed Kelsey her tablet to play on.  I love that Kelsey couldn't actually go into the bathroom with her, but she still wanted to be close.  So she just hung out right outside the door.  #NoPersonalSpace
It was not all fun and games for Kelsey.  She did have to accompany me once or twice.  And, judging by her facial expression, I think there was somewhere else she would have rather been.
Life is hard sometimes baby.

So, in case you missed it Pickle, I was a horrible hostess.  But I appreciate your help so much.
Love you!

2 cool people read this:

K Thompson said...

LOVE this post - the entire thing. That Mickelle could even go out was wonderful. But that she could be such a big help to you - well, that's just how wonderful she is. I'm so glad she could be there for you and that you recognized just how wonderful she is. I love that you sisters love each other!

Becca said...

I mean, I totally understand Kelsey...I don't want to be far from Mickelle either, even when she showers. I get Kelsey. Glad you guys had a great time, and that Mickelle is SO GREAT! :)