Monday, April 24, 2017

I'm a Horrible Mother, AKA Fun with Stairs

We all do things that aren't exactly smart.  And we all do things we aren't/shouldn't be proud of.

Like, in this particular instance.  When I saw my eldest, and most adventurous child sliding down the stairs, instead of telling her she would break her neck, I made sure they put down a mattress and then got out my camera.
 And we did this multiple times.
Because I wanted to cover it from every angle.  From videos.

To Terror.
To finally enjoying it once you figured out you weren't going to die.
Kaitlyn had a bit of a rough start, as the first time she went, she rolled over and fell down the stairs.  But after seeing how much fun the rest of the kids had, she tried it again, just being a bit more careful.

I mean, seriously.  Look at that kids face!  He is not sure he is going to survive!
Aaaaaah!
But, since we have a split level home, and there is only 7 stairs total, the drop really isn't all that dramatic.

Kelsey fit inside the tub quite nicely.
With room to spare!
What can I say?  She is an animal!
She isn't old enough to be scare of anything.

And I, apparently, am still not old enough to know better....

2 cool people read this:

K Thompson said...

You got some classic faces in this post! I think EVERY child has done something fun like this, at least once in their life, with their parent watching - just to make sure no one gets hurt.... How fun!!!

Laura said...

That's totally awesome!