Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tales of Dylan's Chin

Now that Dylan is old enough, I often let him shower alone.  Sure, there is plenty of "Have you washed your hair yet?" or "With soap?"  But when I tell him to go to get in the shower, he will usually comply.  Sometimes, on the first time even!  This particular night was shower night, and he had been in the shower, playing around.  I told him it was time to get out when I heard a loud thump and a high squeal.  I went upstairs to find him crying and his chin bleeding.  Apparently, he had slipped and fallen and landed on his face.  I helped him dry off, and get out of the shower, put some neosporin and a bandaid on, and then called hubby.
  It wasn't a particularly large or deep cut, but it is on his face, and I knew it would scar.  I looked online into using super glue at home, but even the internet didn't "recommend" it.  So that was out.  So, we my good friend Santa came to sit with the rest of the kids (since it was bed time) and Dylan and I headed to the local afterhours for some medical grade super glue.  For the record, Walgreens or CVS doesn't sell it, but Amazon does.  
He did pretty well.  And enjoyed playing pirates with the bed.

He was nice to all the nurses, and he didn't even say it stung.  
So far, no stitches for anyone, but he is my first superglue.  Kari's skin grafts and staples hardly count ;)

2 cool people read this:

Becca said...

What a smiley boy! I love that he entertained himself with a pirate ship...so creative! :)

Laura said...

That does look deep. Glad it all turned out ok. :)