Saturday night, the girls made daddy take them to the store. They needed "supplies". And to a mother, that sounds pretty ominous. Thankfully, it turned out to be a wonderful surprise! They came home with some Mother's Day treats! Kari wanted to make sure I had some chocolate (the Hershey's bar) and Kaitlyn said I HAD to have the cookie cake because my favorite colors are blue, green and purple. I don't know where cookie cakes have been my whole life, but that one was delicious and practically gone before Mother's Day was actually here. Not pictured is the ginormous balloon that sings "Simply the Best!" whenever you hit it. It was great, in an annoying kind of way!
Sunday morning, I woke up to a party!
The kids (and daddy) made me breakfast and even cleaned up after themselves. They had flowers for me (and the small one was from church).
And they had the whole house decorated for a party!
They did a really good job of making me feel special and loved. I know they love me all the time, and I don't want attention very often, but once a year I can handle :) And, probably the best gift of all was my nap! It's the little things!
This year also happened to fall on my 13th wedding anniversary! I know, 13 years is a long time! So, for dinner, I busted out our china and fancy glasses and we had one of hubby's favorites for dinner and drank sparkling juice from our fancy glasses. I even found some cheap, plastic ones for the kids to use, and it was a hit! It was a good day for us all!
3 cool people read this:
The "supplies" turned out to be yummy stuff?!!? Awesome! :) Looks like they spoiled you, which is good because you are an amazing mom. :)
I am so glad you were well celebrated!!
Cuuuute! I love that you celebrated your anniversary all together. :)
Post a Comment