Friday, May 1, 2015

Kari's New Specs

Back when we went to Utah for a visit, we spent some time at the Hot Pots.  Remember?  Remember how we thought we were being smart, and we gave Kari's glasses to daddy for safe keeping?  Turns out, that didn't work so well in our favor.  Somehow or another, Daddy ended up breaking Kari's glasses (how is still a little bit unclear).  He managed to fix them well enough to get through the rest of the trip, but it was clear we needed to repair them when we got home.  So first, a refresher:  This is her first and second pair of glasses.  Not much difference between the two.
But she sure has a fabulous smile!
Our insurance has recently changed their policy and where they used to pay for an exam AND glasses/lenses every year, now they only pay for every other year.  So, we knew we would have to pay for the frames out of pocket.  But I figured it was worth the $$ to pay for the exam, just to be sure.  I would hate to pay for new frames (and reuse the lenses) if she couldn't see anyway.  Turns out I was right.  (I love saying that! ;) )  Kari needed new lenses as well.  She went from a -2.5 all the way up to a -3.5!  Poor child is now close to what her dad was before he got his eyes fixed (-4 something), but still not particularly close to her mom (who was a -7) or her grandpa (who was a -10!!!!!).  I called hubby and asked if he could take a lunch break and come help pick out some glasses with us.  We were forever complaining that she could/would not keep her glasses up on her nose where they belonged.  We though maybe going with some nose pieces would help.  So...  Here she is!  In all her glory!
When she put on her new glasses she said "Wow!  It's so sharp!"  Poor girl didn't know how blind she was!
 I think the metal is somewhere between copper and rose gold.  And Kari likes that they match her face and hair :)
So, poor child has mom and dad's bad eyesight, and it looks like we will be on the road to braces (which come from daddy's side of the family). Good thing her personality will get her through.  And, good news:  I don't think her awkward phase will be be nearly as ugly as mine!

4 cool people read this:

Becca said...

"Wow! It's so sharp!"?!?! oh dear. I'm glad she got new glasses and they are super cute on her. :) She definitely does have a great smile too.

K Thompson said...

What ugly, awkward phase? You never had one of those... None of you kids ever did. A little naughty, probably. But never anything but beautiful - Just like your own children!!!

Alyson said...

The glasses look great on cute little her!

Laura said...

She does have a great smile!