Friday, August 6, 2010

More Basement

I feel like I should apologize for putting up so many pictures of dirt. And holes. And gravel. But, this is supposed to be about what I am doing in my life. And guess what? Dirt, and holes, and gravel it is... Exciting isn't it?!?! Too bad I think it will kill me. Maybe not literally, but I am getting too old for this stuff. Staying up late at night watching a movie, snuggling with a boyfriend/hubby, or hanging out with the girls is fun. Staying up late at night shoveling dirt, and literally, at least a ton of gravel, all the while hoping/praying/thinking your solution will work.... Eh, not so fun :p

Good news is, like I said, we are in the home stretch. We are hoping to pour concrete this weekend, and then, other than painting a bit, and plumbing a bit more, and cleaning, and dumping and, well, a few dozen other things, that project can me marked as a complete! Yay! Put me down as skeptically optimistic.

Observe:
These are the barrels, that fit in hole, for water to drain
in the bottom of the house that Jack built.

These are the barrels, inside the hole, being leveled with love,

in the bottom of the house that Jack built.

This is the pipe, that fits in the ditch, that is covered with a sock,
in the bottom of the house that Jack built.

These are the holes, in the bottom of the pipe, to be put in the trench, and covered with gravel and socks, in the bottom of the house that Jack built.

These are the pieces, to be put in a new hole, to make a fabulous master bath,
in the bottom of the house that Jack built.

These are the pieces, fitting snugly together, to make a new bathroom,
in the bottom of the house that Jack built.

This is the new bathroom, freshly plumbed and glued, with new layouts for everything,
in the bottom of the house that Jack built.
(What? You aren't completely impressed already?!?! Good thing it isn't done yet)
These are the children (and dog), so neglected and bored, sitting on the stairs,
to the bottom of the house that Jack built.
So my rhyming stinks, and my rhythm is a bit off. Sue me.

4 cool people read this:

Mickellerox said...

Covered with socks? I don't get it. Do you mean rocks? I love that told this like a fairy tale. It makes it seem like much less of a crappy situation ;)

K Thompson said...

No Sweetie. You have to cover the pipes with socks so that only water will go in the holes, not debris and junk and stuff to fill up the pipes that have been so carefully put there - and need to stay there cleaned out forever except for water running through them to the pump. That's why the socks - to keep out the rocks that will cover the pipes followed by the concrete, right? At least that's the way I think it's supposed to go.

Laura said...

You learn something new everyday! Great work! Such hard work! I LOVE the swimming pictures! How fun! And the leotard... LOL!

Alyson said...

I was excited all along, but now that I see raw plumbing! I get really excited! I've done this part myself, so I can't wait to see how yours goes. :)