What have I been doing, as of late? Digging. Digging. And more digging. However, we are finally getting around to the filling back up phase. Good times.... Blah.
Luckily we have some helpers.

Who think that digging for hours on end is fun.

But, then they give up 10 minutes later, so I think that is kinda cheating.

Behold! The ditch! Dug to grade, waiting to be filled with gravel and pipe.
Ain't it purdy?

We thought we would try to make it a family affair, but I wasn't about to let Dylan, who was still quite rickety on his feet, wander around the basement. In the picture (with the wheelbarrow full of dirt) you can tell that he loved the idea of staying and playing in the pack and play (she says, sarcastically).

The ditch on the other side of the house.
The concrete has been removed, but none of the dirt yet.

This will one day be our bathroom and walk in closet. Check out the pink tub. I am thinking about keeping it. (.7 seconds later) Thought about it. Nope, its out.
In all fairness, they did dig for almost a full 10 minutes.

Ignore the leotard. And the panties sticking out the bottom.
I pick my battles, and that isn't one of them.

And this, is hubby's "grave". For the sump pit, and sewage pit, we are using 55 gallon drums, that need to be app 36 " into the ground. Fun times!

For perspective.

When I get tired of my children, I just throw them down into a dirt hole. Just Kidding!!!

That looks about right.

So, those are the end of my hole/diggin pictures... Now, we start with the filling up. I'd say we are, oh, 60% done... Joy.
2 cool people read this:
You guys are awesomely finding a solution to a problem you didn't deserve. Kudos. :)
I love their tousled hair. Such sweetie pies! And what's wrong with a leotard with the panties sticking out? She is a fashion maverick. That's right, I said it. MAVERICK.
Post a Comment