Thursday, August 12, 2010

And filling...

Bare with me. The basement pictures are slowly coming to a halt. But I figure I got you into this mess, and if I didn't finish, then you would be all incomplete, and would worry about how that basement is going, and it would keep you up at nights. So, I am gonna complete the project with you for the sake of your sanity. It's just the kinda girl I am. First we had the digging. Then, there was more digging.... And now we start to get to the good stuff. Filling in the holes :)

Early one morning before the work started.
Testing the trench and the pipe to make sure it was to grade.
Surrounded by gravel and filter fabric to keep out as much dirt as possible.
Gravel in the bottom of the sump pump pit.

Getting ready to gravel the whole thing in... Just holding down the fabric for now.Gravel on top to prep for the other filter and concrete.
All swept up. Getting ready for the pour.
I'm such a good cleaner. That's my job. I am the manual labor. And the cleaner.
Almost done! I know, I am excited too!

2 cool people read this:

Alyson said...

I'm definitely not bored by the construction posts, keep 'em coming.

Laura said...

I bet that was so FUN to sweep. Seriously- I LOVE sweeping!