Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A trick I learned

I guess I picked it up with Kari. I was working 2nd shift when I was pregnant with Kaitlyn, and I needed my naps. Sometimes, Kari would wake up earlier than I wanted her to. If I brought her into my bed, she would sleep longer. But she is such a squirmer (ask Grandma) that I wouldn't sleep very well. So, I ended up leaving her in my bed with my pillow and I would go on the couch or something. Well, I transplanted the idea one day when I wanted to stay in my bed, and just let her have my pillow. It was like magic. :) I am sure it works with a shirt, or anything else that smells like mommy, but for us, my pillow seems to work best. So, here is a picture of my little-ist one, who fell asleep all by himself. And yes, that is my pillow :)

3 cool people read this:

Erin Noel said...

Such a sweet picture! I love how babies just automatically know who their mama is and know her scent.

Alyson said...

My kids have slept in my bed for naps from Emma onward, too. I suppose we're all desperate for our naps? By the time I got around to Ethan I didn't even have a baby bed anymore, they just slept in mine.

K Thompson said...

By three you've learned LOTS of tricks. I'm so proud of the mom you've become! And of Justin and the Dad he's become! We sure do love you guys!!!