I probably need to set up some background for that punch line. See, we spent 4 hours, yes, count them, 4 hours, at the WIC office yesterday. I know they say no food or drink, but I brought both for the girls (luckily) and thankfully, am nursing Dylan. So I was the only one suffering after having a light lunch. Anyway, we left our appointment at 1 and we got home at 4:55... The girls played a bit while I nursed Dylan again and then tried to work up something for dinner. Kari was taking forever to eat, even though dinner was her request. So, since last night was shower night, and Kaitlyn was done, I figured I would shower them apart. Maybe even put Kaitlyn down for bed early, since we missed her nap entirely. She didn't want to play in the shower for near as long by herself, so she was clean and jammied before Kari was done with dinner. When Kari finally finished, I stripped her and stuck her in the shower. I let her soak while I came back in to clean up the kitchen. Next thing I hear is " Hey... You aren't supposed to be in here!" And then Kaitlyn got in the shower with her clothes on....
In other news, today was my 6 week postpartum checkup, and I got a clean bill of health and permission to return to regular duty. Not that I hadn't been doing that already, but I guess it is official now. My wonderful friend Melissa watched all 3 of my children (since I can't bring any into the drs office). I brought pizza back and she didn't even kick me out when I am sure she was ready to have her house back. Thanks Melissa!
On a side note, due to lack of naps yesterday, playing so incredibly hard with Ashlee, and me staying and chatting way to long, when we got back to our house, it was waaaaay past nap time. I am not sure it is a good thing when I have all 3 children whining/crying/screaming at me, and I just laugh it off as overtiredness... Maybe I need a nap too ;)
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
And then Kaitlyn got in the shower with her clothes on...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 cool people read this:
You have a remarkably good attitude. If I'd written about a 4.5 hour appointment, a kid getting dressed into the bath, etc. I'd be whining and not chortling. *inspired*
I had a blast watching the kids! They are great! Anytime you want a nap, just call me I don't mind watching the kids. :) Ashlee has talked none stop about Kari, Kaitlyn, and especially Dylan! Take Care!
"What Kiki does, I MUST do...." stated Kaitlyn. "Besides, it looks like fun in there," she added. Ah! to be young and carefree and almost 2 years old again.... gotta love those girls!
Post a Comment