Monday, April 27, 2009

I feel the need to update with just a little blurb. I am guessing it is dairy products that Dylan doesn't like. Thanks to facebook, and several wonderful mommy experiences, I have cut out the several large glasses of milk I was drinking a day. I haven't cut it out of recipes where it is a small amount (such as a 1/4 c for a whole box of mac & cheese), but I think it is making a significant difference. However, not being so fond of juice right now leaves me with... water. And although water isn't that bad when it is nice and cold, it doesn't go with everything. For example, milk + chocolate = good... chocolate + water = not so good... So, I guess it will cut down on my sweets intake too. Not such a bad thing, I suppose.

4 cool people read this:

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

Have you ever tried soy milk? I cut milk out of my diet once for over a year, and acquired a taste for soy milk. My fave is silk. Either vanilla or chocolate. It's so creamy. You may or may not like it, but it could be worth a try. Good luck! I'm glad you found the problem!

Alyson said...

Kelli's right, Silk is the best soymilk.

Hey, welcome to my world! I've had solely water to drink for *counts fingers, asks to borrow one* eleven years. :) And you're right, there are some things water doesn't quite wash down the right way, even after all these years.

Butler Family said...

That is what I was thinking it was. Glad you atleast got it more under control for now! Isn't it just wonderful the things we sacrifice for our kids!! lol

K Thompson said...

Dylan's great grandmother didn't like milk either. Do you suppose those kinds of things can be passed down through the generations? That would make 3 out of the 4 that it hit. Kind of funny....