Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Somewhere in her youth, or childhood...

I must have done something good..."

Kari just did something so cute that I couldn't wait even until they were in bed in an hour to put it up. So, I am typing while they are in the bathtub. (I love laptops and wireless)

We were eating dinner and talking about moving. She is old enough to remember the last move, but I don't think any of the ones before that. Anywho,
Kari said "When I grow up, I can move away into a big house."
I said, "You are probably right. You will grow up, and move away, and Daddy and I will have to come and visit."
And this is where it gets so sweet. She actually started crying and said something to the effect of "No, you should stay with me." I kinda didn't understand, so I said, "Ok, you don't have to move away, you can just stay and live with Mommy and Daddy." Well, after a bit of untangling, I finally understood her when she said, "I will move away into a big Kari house, and you and Daddy and Kaitlyn and my baby brother can move all your things and stay with me. I will have a big Kari house for all your stuff when you move."

Oh My Gosh!!! It just warms my heart that even at the age of 4, she loves her family enough, yet wants to be independent enough, that she wants to have a house big enough for not only her mommy and daddy, but for her sister and brother as well. It makes everything she has ever said or did, as well as will say or do worth it :) Such a sweet little love!


PS- Brownie points if you can guess where the title was stolen from...

4 cool people read this:

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

That IS such a cute story! I'm glad you shared it.
And I totally want the bonus points - The Sound of Music. I love the movie quotes game. :)

Alyson said...

Start dishing out the brownie points because the quote was way too easy. And that is so sweet! *cuddles Kari*

K Thompson said...

You know you're doing something right when they come up with thimgs like this, don't you? It's amazing what little spirits and capacities to love that they have even at this age. I can remember you kids never wanting to grow up, get married and leave home. Such perfect times... And yet, here we all are. So spread apart. Luckily, still close by technology to share our love and our cute stories. Thanks for that one. Love you Kari! From Grandma

Laura said...

well done Kari! I think she's trying to be the favorite... :)