So Friday night hubby drove over from the jobsite, also conveniently located in FL. He also hit traffic, but made it to Gramma and Grampa's house about an hour before we did. By the time we arrived at 10, we we a bit tired. But we had to unload the car, take tours, and set up bedding. We were a bit tired by the time we finally got into bed.
Grampa was nice enough to hang out with the kids on Saturday morning. Wouldn't you know it, they "slept in" by about 30 minutes, and were still up by 7:30. He spoiled them by taking them to eat breakfast at Micky Dees. Most of the rest of the morning we were kinda slow and very relaxed. By the afternoon, we were ready to start a project: dying eggs! This is something that we don't do regularly for Easter. We have only done it a few times.
Being the cheap, I mean thrifty person that I am, I had previously purchased egg dying kits AFTER previous Easters. I had two kinds. One kind that came with rollers and pans that you painted the eggs with....
...And the more traditional kind where you dip the eggs until they turn colors.
He wasn't dying eggs at the time, but this is a pretty good picture of hubby :)
The painting version seemed to be the more favorite of the kids.
And we only had one run away egg. The kit came with these life saver stand thingys, so you wouldn't have to put the eggs on the table. But if you didn't hold onto them, they still rolled away from you, leaving a trail of egg paint to show where they went.
Grampa was such a good helper :)
I love being able to share my kids with my parents!!!
Kari wanted to try to put a rabbit sticker on her egg before she dyed it, and hubby was nice enough to fashion one out of masking tape. Unfortunately, it didn't really work, but.... it was a nice try.
Kari was also the main one to persevere with the egg dipping. She make a few really pretty ones!
Of course, hubby had to try his hand too. He is a pretty artistic kinda guy, and it doesn't really seem to matter what medium he's using.
And, of course, there is the traditional mess involved too.
Which may or may not be another reason I enjoy sharing my kids with my parents.... More people to take care of the mess :)
In the end, I had each kid pick their favorite egg and take a picture. The GIF format makes them a little less sharp and clear, but I love the focus of the egg, and the soft blurry-ness of the face behind it :)
And the goofy faces too. Those are pretty adorable :)


2 cool people read this:
Is it just me, or am I a horrible person, because when I read the title to this post, I thought, "Oh, no, what happened to the eggs?!? Why are they dying?"
Very cute pictures with Gma and Gpa!
Post a Comment