I don't even know how it started. I have no idea how we got onto this subject, or how hubby was able to convince me to use my dishes, but here it is. Somehow, we got onto the subject of balance points, and how sometimes it is weird/off center. Google fork trick toothpick and you will come up with all kinds of stuff.
Here they are! 2 forks, stuck together, balanced on the end of a toothpick. But a BURNING toothpick. Check out that teeny tiny flame.
Once the flame went out, the forks stayed there. With nothing on the other end to keep them balanced, even though a toothpick isn't a lot of weight to begin with.
The kids were enthralled.
It may not have been so much about the balance, but the burning of a toothpick in the house. But, yay for science anyway! :)
2 cool people read this:
Whhhhaattt??? Holy cow! We are definitely trying this one tonight at dinner. So cool!!!!
OOOOO! Science is super neat! And it does my heart SO MUCH GOOD any time I see your kids in Spongebob attire :D
Post a Comment