Welp. He did it. My little boy turned 5. And he can now go to school. He tells everyone this: "I turned 5. Now I can go to school." It is his traditional greeting.
When asked what kind of cake he wanted, he said he wanted a strawberry cake with strawberry icing. I am fairly certain this is a throw back to Kari's fruit cakes from her earlier years. Have you parents, with multiple children, noticed that if a child doesn't have an opinion, they will copy someone else's? Just curious. Daddy, being the masculine, testosterone driven man that he is, said "Are you sure you want strawberry? What about a camouflage cake?" Dylan readily agreed, but I backed out. I don't do camo. So it was all up to hubby. Thankfully, he is pretty much always up to the challenge. His brain is very creative, and most mediums are the "same" to him. He can make it work.
I think he likes it.
The brown is chocolate (of course), but the green and tan are just white with food coloring.
Now blow out the candles!
The black made an appearance later when I showed hubby a small tube of gel black I had saved from something else. We were going to use it to write something for the boy. But it was old, and runny, so unfortunately, it didn't hold letters well. But, it blended into the camo just fine!
Chocolate cake! Boy after his momma's heart!
How old are you Dylan?
I think she liked it too.
What? Whaddeye Do?
We haven't had his well check up yet, but I will try to update on some stats when we do.
He is all boy in that he is loud and likes to rough house and run. He makes noises for all his toys (something the girls never did) and plays with his toy "shoulders" constantly. I am glad we got him a set of several, because he has lost (and re-found) several of them.
He wants to do everything his sisters and daddy do.
He says his favorite movies are Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians), Frozen, Chipmunks (which I don't think he has ever seen).
His favorite songs are from the Frozen movie.
His favorite color is black.
His favorite foods are bananas and waffles and green bean soup.
In about 4 months he will leave me and go to school, and I don't know how I feel about this. I guess I will let you know in a few months.
3 cool people read this:
When Emma turned 5 I thought, "Oh my gosh she's giant how did all this time pass!" But now that I see your 5YO I think, "Oh my gosh he's still a tiny baby he can't be almost going to school!"
We signed up our 4.625 year old (as of today, just did the math, hey, that's 5/8 of a year on the dot!) for Kindergarten on Tuesday. For some unknown reason, she looked taller on Wednesday. Still scratching my head over that.
That cake is Sweet! And a sweet boy to go with it!
Post a Comment