Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dang Panel

While working on some of our household renovations, my children have surprised me. They spent a good hour in the crawl spaces of the house under the kitchen with their daddy while he routed some things. I won't even go under there, and they were all over the place. They were dirty when they came out too. Yuck!


The other thing Kari agreed to help with was rerouting a wire for us.
Here is the offending panel. Pretty ugly.

And because it is a cinder block wall, it couldn't be recessed and hidden with a nice picture frame. So we decided to move it to a more accessible, more desirable place. It was quite easy to do. In theory.

The main issue was drilling a hole through some blocking. Kari was the only one who could fit. And, she actually volunteered to climb in there.

Unfortunately, when she actually pulled the trigger on the drill, I think it smooshed her finger, and that was enough of an experience for her.
This is her practicing. However, it was unfortunately too little, too late. She wouldn't climb back into the trusses. She is a brave girl, none the less. My hero!

And yes, the panel did get re-located. Not a problem.... Unless you count all the problems that come with re-locating a panel. But, those don't count, do they?

3 cool people read this:

Alyson said...

She is brave! I would never go into a crawlspace, and I'm not great with tiny openings. So she's my hero! I'd have been terrified of a drill at her age too.

Laura said...

Way to go Kari!! And such a good Daddy too! Her little feet sticking out are adorable.

K Thompson said...

I remember holding two wires together so the windshield wipers would work under my dad's feet as we came all the way home from the canyons one year in the rain. One of my scariest experiences ever, twisting and turning, back and forth as the road kept on switching back and forth - my dad helping and teaching me, everyone depending on me. I was just a little girl, too, Kari. I'm so proud of you and your dad. You're a great team, working together like that when you have a job to do. Terrific!