Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Trash

Saturday night the Dyl Man had a temp of 102. I know, I know, it isn't all that high. But, Tylenol had a very limited effect on it, and when the poor kid woke up pretty miserable at 11:30pm, I have to admit I was thinking about going to the ER. Not because it was necessarily ER worthy, but mostly because there aren't many other places open at midnight. He eventually settled down and ended up going back to sleep. He was up several times that night, as was I, giving Tylenol, taking temperatures, cuddling (at least he cuddles when he doesn't feel good... my other kids would rather writhe on the floor). Anyway, Sunday morning he slept in a bit, but woke up around 9:30 like nothing had happened. Granted, he was still not quite up to speed, and acted a bit more cuddly than usual, but no fever, and no other symptoms. The only thing I can think of as this point is that it was his tooth. Yes, at 10.5 months, he finally has a tooth! Looks like he is taking after his sister Kari, who didn't get one until 11 months. Funny thing is, we had just checked out of the Shriner hospital the day before. If she had only been a day faster, she would have still been on morphine. :) Anywho, there are some days when you just feel like throwing your kid in the trash.

And then you get a face like this

And you think, "Well, maybe not today."

Another cute story:

We are at the point of potty training with Kaitlyn that we ask, oh, every 30 minutes or so whether she needs to go to the potty. Today, before nap time, she went and sat down, and when I asked if she was done yet she said "I can't go potty mom. My bum isn't ready yet." Well, ok then.

4 cool people read this:

Laura said...

What a darling face indeed! And cute Kaitlyn and her bum!

James and Kista said...

love it all, the stories and the pics!!!

Mickellerox said...

Ok, I need you to ship him out here the next time he isn't well so that I can get some Dyl pickle snuggles.

K Thompson said...

I'm never going to believe he's ever unhappy with these pictures of his smiling faces. He seems just to be too good a kiddo. You must all just love him too much.... I know we sure do and we live WAY too far away to be good for us.....