I suppose it is a natural, in born thing to try to grow up. I mean, really, it is what all organic things do. And, for those organic things that understand, there are rites of passage that signify when we have reached that level. (Tell me, if you please, when you feel like you reached it, because I still don't). Anyway, of those rites for girls (only, please) would be stage of make up. The older you get, the more make up you wear to look like you aren't wearing any at all. Now, if that ain't an oxymoron, I dunno what is. However, in your younger years, you tend to forget that, and just settle for whatever your guardian will let you pass out of the door with. Needless to say, these little girls weren't leaving the house. And, they took it off nearly as soon as they put it on, because they wanted to hug daddy when he came home without fear of getting him dirty. But, the exercise in itself was time consuming and fun :)
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
The Rite of Passage
Kari, the acter. Kaitlyn, the acted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 cool people read this:
Thank you for posting this! It's so good to see these kids little bits at a time as they grow. Dylan is especially charming! The girls look beautiful too with their make-up. Kari didn't do too bad! :)
The older you get, the more make up you wear to look like you aren't wearing any at all. Now, if that ain't an oxymoron, I dunno what is. However, in your younger years, you tend to forget that, and just settle for whatever your guardian will let you pass out of the door with.
That whole thing is poetry. So true!
The girls look adorable. I think Kari did great on Kaitlyn! And Dylan: as always, he's a little heart thief.
Having been a "professional skin care consultant" for a few years, watching the make-up process performed on and by these little ones scares my heart a little. It might not hurt to give them a little directions mother.... A child might be injured in the application of said make-up, you know?
I think "eye box" is just about the coolest name for an eye socket that I have ever heard. I love how independent Kari is (doesn't even need a mirror. Kaitlyn is a ham (as usual) and I am digging your nail art :)
oh, and Dylan is precious :)
Post a Comment