Friday, June 18, 2010

Dylan's Room

Remember, before my parents came, I talked about having a deadline. And how it made me finish some things. One of the things I mentioned was Dylan's room. And, although the 'rents didn't really see it like this, because it was re-arranged to fit them, this is what it looked like before they came :)

This is Dylan's dresser and clock (which he got for his birthday). I don't know if you can see, but it has animals all around it. You will see why in a minute. And, at the far right side of the frame, is the door out to the hallway.

His bedding. Again, kinda hard to tell from the picture, but, here is a link for those interested. The bed we also got from Wallyworld. And were surprised to find how happy we were with the quality. The rail even goes up and down, which we don't use anymore, but was very helpful before he could pull up on things. The little rocking chair was hubby's when he was a child. Seems to match, and fit right in. And yes, he has his own fan. He is hot blooded.

And here is the fabulous, fantastic, wonderful, gorgeous cabinet. Dylan has 2 piggy banks, but, since I had put them up there, Kaitlyn went and got her toy piggy bank to add to the collection. She made me turn it just right, "so you can see his face."

Didja recognize the cabinet? I'll betcha didn't. It came with the house, and was sitting down in the laundry room, see? I had hubby fix it up for me a bit. As you can see, there was a little piece missing from the bottom. But, I think it turned out great :)
The is the quilt from Dylan's bedding. We hung it up on the wall, as a piece of art. I need to finish his cross stitch birth announcement, and do his name to put on the wall like the girls.
This is the corner, with his toys on the floor and the cabinet and quilt.

And that's pretty much it.... For now.

4 cool people read this:

Laura said...

Very nice! Super cute Em!

James and Kista said...

I'm glad you posted pics, it is giving me inspiration :)

Alyson said...

Looks adorable :)

Mickellerox said...

Looks great Emmer! The cabinet turned out wonderfully!