My fabulous friend Melissa turned me onto this. At first I thought it was a scam. That it had to be too good to be true. But, it turns out that it is really and truly fun! If you go to this website, depending on where you live, there may be a bowling alley near you that offers free bowling. You get 2 games every day of the summer (from the end of May to the beginning of Sept). Shoes aren't included. I looked into buying some, but I felt foolish spending $40 for shoes they would only wear for 3 months. So, I made some. I bought some of the cheapo canvas shoes at wallyworld, glued felt on the front half, and voila! Bowling shoes for $7. BTW, I didn't ask if this was ok. I just assumed it was. But, now it really is bowling for free!
For a nominal fee (less than $30) you can purchase 2 games for 2 adults every day also. Since hubby and I enjoy bowling (and also own our own bowling shoes from prior military days when hubby couldn't leave base so we would play $1 bowling games for our hour together) it is a good deal. Granted we are not going every day. But, at $5/game/person, we only needed to bowl 3 games each to pay it off, and we have done that already.
Anyway, so.... Tuesday night is bowling night at our house. The girls think it is pretty fun.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Free Bowling
Loving the form here. Check out the calf muscles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 cool people read this:
You are hilarious! Funny girls! Way to be thrifty!
So... the felt is on the front part underneath???
Post a Comment