Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2/3 too many

I mentioned we get 2 games every day, right? Unfortunately that seems to be just a tad too many. One game isn't enough. Oh no. One game would leave us dragging our children to the car kicking and screaming in an embarrassing demonstration of how 1 game of bowling is simply not enough. However, 2 games. Yeah, somewhere before the second game is halfway over, you can tell they are bored. They no longer care about lobbing a 6 lb ball down a slippery piece of wood to see how many oblong other pieces of wood they can knock down. And, to be honest, somewhere during the second game (probably about 3.7 seconds after it becomes clear the children are no longer focused and interested) I start getting antsy about taking my currently well behaved miscreants home as well.

However, hubby and I actually do enjoy bowling (as evidenced by my fabulous game last night... 133. I know, right?!?!) And, it is also against my mildly OCD nature to leave something unfinished. Incomplete. In the middle. Uh, I shudder just thinking about it. (For the record, yes, I can turn off a song on the radio I don't like, but I have to fade it down. Apparently I can fool my brain into thinking that is where the song ends, and I don't go into OCD fits :)

Thankfully, my children are generally capable of entertaining themselves. Regardless of location, time or space. Also thankfully, they are generally well behaved, and while it always does take at least a few "No," "Get Down," "Be Quiet," and "Come back here" 's from me, I won't really complain.

Dylan doesn't bowl. But, also generally, he does pretty well.
He gets passed back and forth between mommy and daddy usually for the entire first game before he is confident enough to venture out onto the floor and explore.
See? Daddy looks so overjoyed to be a human jungle gym, right Honey? Uh, honey?
And the girls. At this point they have taken to semi wrestling, semi hugging.
But at least they are smiling.
How else do I keep Dylan happy? I seem to like sequence pictures, so see if you can follow along with the next 3 :)
Also, towards the end of the night they found this place. I have no idea what it was in their heads. I remember them being where the trash cans were, but apparently are no longer in our current establishment. They, however, did stay there for almost 20 minutes!
They even allowed little brother to play.

And, just a coupla cute boredom videos :) Enjoy!

1 cool people read this:

Laura said...

Did Dylan get another haircut? He looks so handsome! I'm shocked he didn't pinch his fingers in that video. I love the sister bonding too!