Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bowling

I wish I brought my camera. It would have been super fun!!! Tomorrow, besides being Mothers Day, is my 7th wedding anniversary. Yes, you read correctly, I have been married for 7 years. So, I found a babysitter and Hubby, Dylan and I planned to go out to lunch and go bowling. We went bowling all the time when hubby was in training in Ft. Benning because it was cheap ($1 a game) and we didn't really have anywhere else to go (since I couldn't go in the barracks). We even bought me a cheap pair of bowling shoes so we wouldn't have to rent; totally paid off since we paid $9 (I think) for the shoes and have played more than 3 games since ($3 rent x >3 games = we saved $). However, when we got to the bowling alley, we found out there was a tournament going on until 5 (we went around noon).

So, we ate lunch at Olive Garden (love the shirley temples) and went back to pick up the girls.... Once again, Melissa was a life saver, and watched the girls for us. We came back home, put them down for a nap, took one ourselves, and then.... Well, we decided to take the girls bowling. I am glad we did because it was super fun! Kari rented shoes (which she thought was super cool) and picked her own ball. She wanted to bowl like mommy and daddy, so, she took the ball in one hand, walked up seriously to the line, put it down on the floor between her legs and pushed. It was great. :) Kaitlyn even got into it, and kicked/pushed it down a few times. The bowling alley had a speed thingy and told us how fast we bowled. Hubby hit high 20s (MPH) and I was in the 12-15s. Kari and Kaitlyn were around 3-5 :) Anyway, they had tons o fun and it was great to watch them. Dylan even behaved himself during both lunch and bowling. A great day over all. And to top it all off, Kari and Daddy are on a Daddy/daughter playdate to go get ice cream.

Happy mothers day to me, and happy 7 years to us!!!

2 cool people read this:

Butler Family said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Early Mother's Day!! Seems like you had a fantastic day!!!

malrfrederick said...

We should get our families together and go bowling sometime! I'm glad you guys had a great time! Happy Anniversary & Mother's Day!