Lets attempt to pick up where we left on. About 6 months ago, in Utah :)
This morning, while Auntie La and the littles were at a summer camp, I took my kids and their two oldest cousins to a $1 movie for the summer. Honestly, at this point, I have no idea what movie we saw, but the kids had a good time!
When we got home, it really was just time to play! Pickle, Jonoman, and Grandpa all had to continue to work throughout the week. So that meant, the kids were mostly free to just hang out and bond with each other. And occasionally show off some dress up.
When Grandma came to the house, it was time to bust out the crafts! Seriously, my kids hold Grandma up to a very high craft standard. And sometimes, I worry that their expectations are a bit crazy.
But Grandma always delivers!
And the kids always have the best time making things with Grandma.
That night was Grandpa's work BBQ. Every year, Grandpa's company holds conferences and meetings in downtown SLC. During those meetings, they hold a dinner for everyone to bring their families. While siblings have usually been able to go, I haven't ever had the chance... Owing to the whole distance of across the United States thing. But, knowing this is an annual thing, when I started plotting my crazy driving scheme, I made sure that our visits would overlap and that I would be able to go to the BBQ. I was a bit concerned as we drove up to the park that evening. The van thermometer said that it was over 100*. But here's the thing about Utah: the shade actually MATTERS! Here in Alabama, hot is hot is hot is hot. But there, where the humidity doesn't flow like, well, water, when you are in the shade, it feels 20* cooler! We sat under the picnic tents, and ate and visited to our hearts content. Without ever feeling like we were dying. It was pretty great!
This isn't everyone who attended the BBQ. It was just who was left by the time I remembered to get pictures. :)






0 cool people read this:
Post a Comment