Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Ol' Door Trick

One day Kari came home from school and said that she had, yet another, loose tooth.  Seriously, this kid is going to bleed the tooth fairy dry!  She had wiggled it all day long, and it was just barely holding on by one side.  Apparently, her father has told her of the trick where you tie your tooth to a door, slam it, and Bob's your uncle!  After working on the tooth all day, Kari decided to try this approach.
She spent several minutes working the dental floss around her loose tooth and even yanked a time or two with her hands.  But, at some point, she lost her never.  She was afraid it would hurt too badly.  She came downstairs and asked me to help her get the dental floss off.  I looked at the tooth, knew how extremely loose it was, and told her it was too late.  In my defense, it really was true!  The dental floss was under the tooth, and would be extremely difficult to fish out in order to cut.
So, she braced herself and went back upstairs.  And there we were.  4 people crowded in a small bathroom, Dylan on the outside.  He had volunteered to slam the door for her.  And, because I had some prep time, I was able to record the whole glorious event!

It actually hit my thigh on the way out of her mouth, and it stung a little bit!
As I have mentioned before, Kari has a bit of a crowding issue.  The dentist/orthodontist recommend that we pull two permanent teeth to give everything space.  He said we could possible stretch her palate, but then her teeth would never line up top to bottom and her bite would be off.
I don't envy her, or the tooth fairy's pocketbook, one bit!

2 cool people read this:

Laura said...

She's so brave!! Good for her!

Becca said...

It worked! I almost couldn't watch it because I was nervous it would hurt her too. :) Glad brother was there to slam the door for her. ;)