Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

We interrupt this vacation recap for a Halloween broadcast. :) I did a kinda poor job getting pictures of everyone during the actual Trunk or Treat. And, we didn't actually go trick or treating on Sunday night, so....

This is the latest we have ever left the pumpkin carving: the day of.
I made the girls clean out the seeds and stuff.

They thought it was kinda gross. I got news for you: I do too... But, since I am the mom, and they are the slaves, er, I mean kids, if they wanted to carve it, they had to help.

I let Kari draw the face she wanted to carve on the pumpkin. I thought hubby would cut it out. Much to my surprise, he let Kari do it with one of the little saws that comes with the kit. It actually turned out well :) Notice also Kaitlyn is "decorating" her pumpkin. I was going to let her use as many colors as she wanted, but after she covered the whole thing in pink, there really wasn't any need.... I love her face :)

And this cute little boy stole paint and walked around with it....

Taking the last pieces of the smile out.

The final masterpiece!

I carved this one... He is surprised because he has fallen over... Get it?!?! :)

Kaitlyn's final masterpiece.

And now onto the costumes.
I tried Dylan's on the day before, to make sure he would wear it.
Too bad the boots were too big for him, and he wouldn't walk anywhere.
"Howdy Ma'am."
He even left the hat on. (This day)
The following day at the trunk or treat, Kaitlyn was Tinkerbell and Kari was a pirate (she also got to wear her costume to school on Friday, which she was trilled about)
And this was what Dylan looked like the majority of the day after he refused to wear the hat or boots... It coulda been a cute look.
See, vampires sparkle in the sunlight even down in Alabama.... :)
Even the local nerds came out for a spin. Happy Halloween!!!!
We now return you to your regularly scheduled vacation recap. Thank you.

4 cool people read this:

Alyson said...

You all look adorable! Dylan's smile is costume enough, don'tcha think?

Laura said...

Way to go Justin for dressing up with you! Maybe I'll get creative next year when Dan has more time to care. :) I love all the other pictures too! Kaitlyn is such a girly girl! We carved our pumpkin kind of late as well. Again, I wanted to wait for Dan to have some time with us. :)

I just bought McKenna some new shoes, one size bigger than last winter, kind of ankle boots, and she has a hard time walking in them too... But they're pretty darn cute!

Becca said...

I LOVE that picture of Dylan and the bottles of paint, he is going to crush girls hearts!!! :) And I love that you made the kids clean out the yucky stuff. :) You guys are such nerds.

Mickellerox said...

You guys are such a cute family! I wish you lived closer so we could spend the holidays together. My two favorite shots are Dylan tipping his hat and Kari and Kaitlyn hanging out in the car and hamming it up for you :)